I always talk about Shadow, so I’m sure you know who he is. My precious baby that I essentially got bullied into babysitting and now own. I love him dearly but frig man, owning a cat… His rear is starting to be a problem with matted fur. And I’m trying to deal with it but he’s just mad and sensitive about it. My hand is torn up from him fighting me. And I’m out of ideas…
I started this while I was mad at him last night, but today I’ve gotten back at it with a calm mind and a cat who hates me significantly less than yesterday.
I read some blogs on helping out a cat this morning and honestly I was just being impatient. So today him and I made some great progress and I gave him a lot of treats. So I think we’re on the right track. Poor bud, he’s just easily irritated and matted, and I feel bad about it. He’s doing his best, so we’re going to work on this together.
I’ll update everyone on some social media when we’re done dealing with the fur, and a new picture of Shadow I promise!
As always, you’re amazing! Thanks for reading! — Deryn
No home renovations today. Rain has been putting a wedge in my plans for a couple days now. So today I’ve had to think of something else to do at work, besides working of course. I instead wanna talk about things I’m looking for in my new place! I’ve made a little list. I like lists.
1) Something Newer So to clarify, living in Canada, especially the west coast, the oldest homes around me are only 50ish years old. That means I want something preferably only 10ish years old. Water tanks and central air are less likely needing to be replaced and the wiring for the place is up to code. Saves me so much trouble unlike my current mess of a house.
2) A Yard It doesn’t have to be acreage, just something for maybe a berry bush and a maybe a lawn chair. I’m probably going to dig up most of the grass anyway. It’s such a water suck. I don’t understand how people can have such green, perfect yards. They look so, flat.
3) Walking Distance to Work My car died awhile back, as you may know from my bus adventures, and that makes getting to work expensive if it’s not close by. Plus, it’s the only way I get exercise anymore as I am the laziest person I have ever met.Walking has saved me a lot of money though, which is a blessing in a way.
4) Somewhat Relaxed Strata I LOVE DECORATING! Especially for holidays like Halloween! I had someone complain one year cause I was “too into the holiday”. What kind of a complaint is that? I’m still upset. I want to be able to enjoy my place and not get in trouble, like come on..
5) Pet Restrictions I have a cat and some places, even if I own it, won’t let me have him. Shadow is vocal, and I get that some people have allergies but pets do way less damage than kids in my opinion. I am not getting rid of him.
That’s really the biggest group of things I would like out of my new place. Anything I’m missing? Let me know! Anyways… Thanks for reading! — Deryn
I’ve wanted to write stories my whole life. The idea of bringing my thoughts to life has always inspired me to learn and grow. But even the best writers get stuck and ideas come to a halt.
I have pretty much two full chapters now, and I don’t know where to display then for fresh eyes without just giving my phone to people I know. Is there a website that you would recommend for something like that?
Or even, would there be an interest in putting them on here as an E-Novel kind of idea? I’m open to pretty much anything at this point.
I’m hoping that in asking questions and getting feedback I might actually finish this stupid thing. Sometimes my inability to focus makes progression difficult.
If I don’t get much for replies I’ll just keep blogging for now. It keeps me writing and I find it easier at the moment. Plus I have people to talk to with a platform like this one. Anyway, here is a picture of my cat.