Vancouver Island was Intense


As you know, I went to Vancouver island for a wedding. It was a blast! I went with two friends as my boyfriend was home sick and it was just amazing. We had sing alongs, watched the cows walking by the road, and ate way too much food. I’m writing this as I have returned home since I was so busy in the moment.

Day 1
Wow, the way there was smooth. I rented a car as mine has no breaks and let me tell ya, that car was so nice and roomy. The road conditions were nice too! Went over the Coquihalla which was rumored to have snowfall. By the time we got to the summit, which is 1244 meters (or 4081 ft) in elevation, I was expecting to see a lot of snow. But there was almost none which made driving easier.
China town! We had to make a stop. Holy my god that was insane! First stop there was the supermarket. I’ve never been in a market with live fish in tanks. That was cool. Fresh breads and buns, sweets galore; it was so cool to see it all. After that was the dollar store. It had everything. Party supplies, storage containers, beauty products, like it was nuts! But at the same time it wasn’t overwhelming to be in.
Other than that, nothing eventful until the ferry. BC ferries are really well maintained and super pretty. My one passenger had never been on a ferry so he was having a field day. Watching him walk all over the boat and asking questions was adorable. Other than that, smooth sailing all the way to the hotel.

Took this on the ferry

Day 2
The wedding day. Man were we not prepared. I wore the worst fucking shoes ever and my poor feet were dying. But that’s just cause I’m dumb. We had to go buy more decorations half way through set up. The best part though, I left one of the wedding bands in our hotel room like an idiot. Apparently it’s the maid of honours job to have one of the rings which no one fucking told me, oops. The chapel had a good laugh though. After all of that, dinner! Now, I made a bad decision or five, and got trashed. The rest of my night was chatting and sobering it up.

Wedding Decor

Day 3
I was so hungover and I hated everything. Until I found apple juice and some breakfast. From there, home time. We packed up, said our goodbyes and went out. But of course, I’m dumb, so I went towards Victoria. Now that may not sound odd, but I went from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay, not Victoria. It’s an hour the other damn direction. So now I’m behind schedule but whatever. My lovely passengers fell asleep at one point so I got to just sing and drive which was kind of nice.
Ferry ride number two. This boat was way larger than the last one. On this ferry there was a full buffet and white spot restaurant inside. That’s insane! I got some good pictures of the water since it was daylight on this trip.
We had just got off the ferry and found Tsawwassen Mills Mall. Holy crap is that a huge mall. We walked around there for hours and I bought some cute clothes for super cheap. We had a great time at that mall. I think the best part about that mall, was the fact it was all one floor. It had to have been close to the size of Metropolis in Burnaby.
Still no snow on the drive home. By the time I got home, I just ate and went to bed. Man I missed my bed, and my house, and Shadow.

On the Ferry Trip Home

Needless to say, I had a lot of fun. The road trip is something I’m going to remember forever. My travelling companions are friends I’ll treasure as long as my memory doesn’t go. If you get the chance, travelling with friends is actually a great idea. I didn’t go broke either which was nice. It’s a real shame I had to return the car. Now, I said intense in the title because both sides of the family at the wedding were either rude or just complained about the other members the whole time. I was emotionally drained for most of the wedding itself. Anyways, I’m home and alive. So I missed Saturday’s post but I was busy as frig.

Beautiful Nature Shot

Wanna support my travels?
Thanks for reading!
— Deryn

Leave a Reply Cancel reply